Here is a detailed procedure to update Yellow Tools Software Suite (Independence Pro, Independence Live, Independence FX) from version 2.5.4 to version 3.0, and to create a new (required) license file for the installed library (Basic or Pro) :
– In the My Account/Products section of the Yellow Tools’s site User Area (once connected), enter the serial number for the new 3.0 version (has been received by email after the free update request email sent to yellow tools support).
Then from My Account/Downloads section download Yellow Tools Software Suite 3.0 and Yellow Tools Independence Basic (or another, required as it contains the updated instrument files – layers – for 3.0 version).
– Launch the installer from Yellow Tools Software Suite 3.0 archive. It replaces the applications from Applications folder by the new 3.0 ones, as well as the YT E-License Manager. The installer also creates a Yellow Tools folder under Library/Appliction Support (system), that contains the applicative part (Independence subfolder), however not yet the licences subfolder stated in the documentation. The Library/Application Support/Yellow Tools/Independence/images files folder contains the common image files (Autoload Sinus, Origami, Special and vinyle noise).
– Create a new folder to store the new layers and images files from the library (can be named Independence Basic config), and create layers and image files subfolders.
Expand the downloaded Yellow Tools Independence Basic.zip, and copy its layers content into the newly created layers folder. Then copy the image files from the old Yellow Tools Root Folder (only the files corresponding to the library, not the common ones) in the new image files folder.
Launch Independence Pro 3.0, and in the Libraries tab from Preferences, click on Add Library button and select the newly created folder for the library (Independence Basic config for example). Click on save preferences and quit Independence.
– Relaunch Independence 3.0 and click on Activate Independence Pro button (if not activated, a message will be displayed in Mapping and Performance tabs, stating that the software does not run in Pro mode, with also a link to register it). The E-Licence Manager then opens and displays a generated product code for Independence Software Suite 3.0. Copy this code in the My Account/Products section of the site, after having clicked on Activate button for Independence Software Suite 3.0 line. Wait a few seconds (if the activation server is down, wait for some minutes and try again, or later). When the page displays a success message, get the response code (has been emailed) and paste it in the E-Licence Manager.
The Library/Application Support/Yellow Tools/licenses subfolder is then created and contains the license (.lic) for Independence Software Suite 3.0.
– Relaunch Independence 3.0 (the Pro features are then available). Load an instrument, which opens the E-License Manager to create a new license file for the ibrary : the displayed/generated product code does not match the one that had been provided during the initial install of the library (2.5.4 version), however we can replace it with the previous product code, and enter the corresponding response code (that had been emailed during the initial install). The license file for the library is then created in Library/Application Support/Yellow Tools/licenses (the previous license file for the library – from the old Yellow Tools Root folder – couldn’t be used). However the license count for the library is left unchanged on the site (one per computer).
Activating the library also creates a Yellow Tools folder in the connected user’s Documents folder (its path is setted in User Folders tab of Independence Preferences). It contains a layers folder (without any instruments) and no image files (these are searched again the path specified in Libraries tab of Preferences).